The Outlets at Tejon are a part of Tejon Ranch, the origination of which dates to a Spanish land grant. It is still the largest single privately held parcel of land in California. This project is anchored by a tower based on a Bakersfield monument, the Beale Tower, which was named for General Beale, Founder of nearby Fort Tejon in 1854 and former owner of Tejon Ranch. The rugged Spanish architecture pays homage to the local vernacular and the natural environment, lending warmth and character to the project. The Outlets at Tejon serve as a backdrop to outdoor spaces, providing shade for cooling during hot summer days and further enhanced by lush landscaping, fountains, and outdoor fireplaces for cool evenings. The project has established itself as a hot spot for residents, travelers, and tourists and was awarded the Heavy Hitters Commercial Real Estate Award by the San Fernando Valley Business Journal in 2014.